Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Getting closer....

I ate a salad and I liked it!  Although I could not bring myself to try the ranch dressing....I'm not good with white creamy foods...but I used roasted garlic-parmesean dressing and it was delicious!  I even ate all my vegetables!!  My daughter, a much braver soul, actually tried the ranch dressing and chose it for her salad.  In hindsight I should have torn the greens apart to make them smaller....I think she enjoyed it but the idea of eating leaves did not go over well.  She didn't eat it all but it was a good effort.

The main course.  There is a reason that people use recipes.  In my head a bit of rice, refried beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes on a tortilla sounds delicious!  But when I actually make it, it doesn't quite taste like I had imagined.  Something is missing....and I'm sure the recipe writers would know what I did wrong but I don't have a clue.  The good news?  My daughter loved it!  Me? Not so much but it was better than quinoa!  I found a website for parents that has a bunch of kid tested/mother approved recipes and will be sticking to these from now on....except for tomorrow.  I already have the ingredients for sweet potato cakes.... Hang on.....after just grabbing the recipe to check the name it is "sweet potato quinoa cakes".   Nope, sticking to the kids recipes....I think I'm not quite ready for quinoa.



No comments:

Post a Comment