Monday, March 4, 2013

Not a total failure...

Well...I can't say this lovely quinoa fried rice dish I made for dinner was a hit. My 6 year old finished her bowl only by the promise of new Moshi Monster cards although she did enjoy eating with chopsticks!   I just got some Sriracha sauce from my friend...that made it much better, but still not convinced.  I'm thinking my approach is wrong....I'm getting recipes from adults with much more sophisticated palates.  To me, a big bowl of mac and cheese sounds way better than quinoa!   I think I'll hit the internet and see what veggie recipes I can find for kids...

Maybe tomorrow I should try for some raw veggies with dip? or a small side salad with veggies with a promise of a yummier dinner to follow?  It certainly would be cheaper than bribing her with toys!  But all in all today was a success.  I ate my veggies without complaint...thank god for sriracha!  But I'm still feeling like I shouldn't have to set my mouth on fire to enjoy vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment