Monday, March 4, 2013

Off to a good start!

Breakfast was a success!  Made a delicious strawberry-banana-blueberry smoothie with vanilla yogurt and milk.  We all enjoyed it!  I realize there are no vegetables in this but just wait....slowly slowly going to start adding some kale and other green leafy vegetables that I have yet to identify.  I have no idea what kale is but I guess I'll find out soon enough.   I need to do my research...flax seed seems to be another popular ingredient in healthy smoothies.  I'm not sure I know what that is either.  Google is my closest friend right now along with the guy in the produce department who must think I'm a complete idiot for asking him to direct me to certain vegetables because I have no idea what some of them look like!

I haven't had a chance to look up any kid recipes for veggie dishes but I went to the grocery store this morning armed with a plan!  I grabbed some baby carrots, radishes, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, cheese, mixed greens, croutons and ranch dressing.   We'll see how this goes followed by a dinner of refried beans, rice, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and salsa all wrapped up in flour tortillas.  For the salad I think I might try to just chop the vegetables nice and small so the tastes and textures will not be too overwhelming.  And who doesn't love a little ranch dressing??  Actually....I've never tried ranch dressing...I like cool ranch doritos... must be similar right?  Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment