Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ta Da!!

Success!!!

I have had this dish many times in brazil...or at least something similar.  I just had no idea what it was called.  I also could not understand my husband's english when he would try to tell me.  I just kept googling fried spaghetti noodles (that's the best description I could think of) and finally I ran across this!   Aglio e Olio.  But when someone who actually knows what this is says the words properly it sounds nothing like that!!   But finally I had found the recipe, cooked it and was triumphant...the second time at least.  I thought I had failed again when I burned the first batch of garlic and chillies.  But I found a bit more garlic and tried again and I got it right!  It was sooooo good!  My daughter and I savored every bite!  It's amazing how quickly tastes can change....to me this was a perfect dinner....A light garden vegetable salad followed by a simple pasta...and the best part is the aglio e olio only has 5 ingredients!!  Now that's my kind of recipe.    Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come!!



No comments:

Post a Comment