Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It looked good in the picture...

After hunting for two hours at 5 different grocery stores to find egg noodles I came home and cooked what I imagined would be the best lasagna casserole ever!!  I could not have been more wrong.  Remember I have this aversion to white creamy food and 15 ounces (nothing comes in ounces over here....thank god for my conversion app on my phone!) anyway...430 grams of ricotta cheese is just gross.  Everyone else loved the dinner so I guess you could say it was a success....but I am going to try again with an old favorite from home.  Mueller's lasagna recipe from the back of the box!  Except I have to make it casserole style seeing as I bought 4 bags of egg noodles!  Which is good I guess because they don't have regular lasagna noodles here anyway. Ridiculous! Don't even get me started!

But a great thing did happen at dinner... my daughter and I loved loved loved our salads.  I ripped the greens into smaller pieces, added some croutons, parmesean cheese and more fresh veggies with ranch dressing.  She ate the whole thing without being threatened or bribed!  Hooray!  So I would think that getting to her to eat whole fresh vegetables is healthier than some random frozen peas and green beans hidden in lasagna.   At least that's what the raw food people say!  Maybe that should be our next goal!

Yeah, I'm just kidding about that....


No comments:

Post a Comment